This Learning Scenario (LS) is about the changes in our lives from the beginning of the Industrial Revolution until the 21st century. The LS is designed for the age group 14-18 and for an English Language class.
During the lessons, the students work on 4 industrial revolutions and the differences and the new styles they brought to our lives. Each era brings its own lifestyles, ways of thinking, acting and environmental changes. Each change brings some advantages and disadvantages to our lives. With this scenario, we will focus on the causes and effects of 4 industrial revolutions examining the added values they have contributed to our social lives.
By implementing this learning scenario, students work in groups to interview local people and their teachers, make some researches on the topic and present them in front of their classmates. They mainly use Padlet for presentations and Quizlet for online games and evaluation. Ultimately, they improve their communication and social skills as well as their skills in using technology.
This lesson is intended for an English Language Lesson and we focus on Simple Past and Passive Voice as grammar topics besides other cultural and historical events brought by industrial revolutions.
By the end of the lesson the students should be able to:
- learn about the historical events during the 4 industrial revolutions, the changes in our lives and natural environment;
- practice the simple past tense, the passive voice, reported speech and the present perfect tense;
- Improve their digital skills by using web 2.0 tools;
- Evaluate the data with online games and write personal reports on Padlet.
Would you like to know more about this learning scenario? You can download it below:
Did you find this learning scenario interesting? You might also like:
- From muscle machines to smart machines (LS-PT-216)
- Paris and the French Revolution
- Take Aim at Climate Change