The promotion of tools and methods based on digital forms of expression as a means for including and bringing together people with diverse cultural backgrounds can be centred on participatory photography and digital narratives. The main goal of this learning scenario is to explore an inclusive approach with participatory photography and digital narratives.
Session 1: Key concepts & faces of migration
- Presenting the main idea of the activity;
- Visual brainstorming;
- Homework: Faces of migration;
- Ley concepts related to the topic (participatory photography and digital narratives);
- Students organized in groups.
Session 2: Challenge – Picture treasure hunt
Based on the activity “IncludeUs”, done during an Erasmus+ project about migrant’s inclusion in Portugal, students accomplish the Challenge – Picture treasure hunt. The results will be uploaded through Padlet.
Session 3: Challenge – Feelings
Session 4: Faces of migration homework & Challenge – The Story Behind My Last Picture
The students will present the results of the proposed homework “Faces of Migration”. The results will be uploaded through Lino.
Based on the activity “IncludeUs”, done during an Erasmus+ project about migrant’s inclusion in Portugal, students accomplish the Challenge – The Story Behind My Last Picture. The results will be uploaded through Lino.
Session 5: A photographic exhibition
Students print the photos and organize a photographic exhibition to be presented to the public (school hall).
They did a final moment of reflection:
The aims of these lessons have been fulfilled. The groups were very pleased with this learning scenario, expressing an interest in trying new scenarios with Europeana.
- Challenge1 – Picture treasure hunt I
- Challenge2 – Picture treasure hunt II
- Challenge3 – Feelings
- Challenge4 – The Story Behind My Last Picture
- Faces of migration
Would you like to know more about this learning scenario? You can download it below:
Did you find this learning scenario interesting? You might also like:
- Migration And Cultural Diversity (LS-TR-82)
- Migration Memories in Europe (LS-ES-38)
- Writing Home: Coping with Migration (LS-GR-69)