In the fourth month of our eTwinning project, Our culture is our gift, we started preparing for the Safer Internet Day by international competition.
Students should come up with a board game designed by themselves.
- design your own 3D figures or dice
- create your own board
- the topic itself should be related to safe internet usage
- use the Europeana database for resources
- the game should be played in a max of 45 minutes
Some boardgames submitted
- 3sc4pe: you have got into the Bermuda triangle with no wi-fi signal. The aim is to defeat the dragon by showing how much you know about safe Internet usage.
- FakeRunner 2045: in the not too distant future, people are only appreciated if they have enough social media coverage. The aim of the board game is to collect as many followers as possible by doing good on social media.
Europeana appearance in the boardgames
Many pictures and illustrations were used from Europeana Collections, either on the board design itself or as on the box containing the board game to illustrate its topic.
Outcomes and feedback
Students had to work in groups and divide the main roles between themselves. The task let free their creativity and being IT students, they used their experiences to create digital content. My students got together as a class only in September, so this task proved to be a real bonding activity for them.
The boardgames are to be used in our school by smaller students and they are to be posted to our eTwinning partner schools too.
Would you like to know more about this learning scenario? You can download it below:
Did you find this learning scenario interesting? You might also like: