“Spanish Pioneers – Pioneras Españolas” (LS-PT-732)
The context for the implementation
“Spanish Pioneers – Pioneras Españolas” LS has been developed by Cátia Valéria, a member of the Europeana Portuguese User Group. The subject is “Spanish Pioneers – Pioneras Españolas” (biographies of pioneer women).
Firstly, students (15 to 18 years old) will learn about Europeana and its added value by exploring the platform.
Secondly, students visit and work collaboratively and digitally on the “Pioneers” exhibition.
Subsequently, students develop biographies and other products related to the Europeana exhibition.
In short, learners carry out tasks in communicative, strategic, and intercultural skills. They also develop leadership, critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and digital skills.
The learning scenario considers the learning outcomes for the level of students in the tenth grade of Spanish, continuation level.
Implementing the LS
This learning scenario is divided into three phases:
- first, the involved students and teachers get in touch with the platform, clarify concepts and explore the “Pioneers” exhibition.
- in a second phase, pupils collaboratively carry out mediation and written production tasks about the women featured in the exhibition. They built up a common presentation.
- afterward, students research, select, and build a collaborative book about Spanish pioneer women.
To clarify, students and teachers negotiated all learning and assessment tasks and activities.
At a later stage, as a complementary work, the students created different products. These products are available in the class portfolio.
The collaborative book and the interactive presentation will be available to the whole school community. Teachers and students build news to disseminate to the school community. The main approaches followed to implement this learning scenario were Mobile Learning/BYOD and Collaborative Learning.
After the implementation, a conclusion!
As a conclusion, we have achieved the following benefits:
- concretion and operationalization of ideas;
- tools and digital resources used with creativity and imagination;
- involvement and autonomy of students strengthened;
- teams created different works from the same initial idea;
- promote the sharing and constructive criticism between the different teams;
- pedagogical evaluation practices.
Would you like to know more about this learning scenario? You can download it below:
Did you find this learning scenario interesting? You might also like:
- The Golden Mean created by Banu Güven
- Symmetry in Mathematics created by Ivo Žikić
- From Music Notes to Math created by Burhan SEL
Public Domain Mark 1.0: the featured image used to illustrate this article has been found on Europeana and has been provided by the Girona City Council.
Leave a Reply